Yes, we know… the holidays are upon us! While exciting, this time of year can also bring much additional stress to our already busy lives. Here’s a few Woman-Centric tips that we have found helpful on how to entertain in your home as stress-free as possible throughout the Thanksgiving &Christmas season….
- Décor that transitions – Branches, greenery, candles, mercury glass, etc., neutral palettes (including metallic, creams), greenery & fruits, are great foundations to build on. Adding holiday lights to these elements create elegant & natural ways to bring cheer to your home.
- Plan meals that are easy for guests to accompany – When hosting, by prepare/planning for the staple menu items, think of some easy sides, appetizers & desserts guests can bring/pick up, etc. This helps you feel less stressed & them feel a part of the day.
- Separate quarters for your house guests – As much as possible, this helps everyone unwind easier. A beauty of Woman-Centric home design helps keep your privacy & entertaining at balance – entertain in the main area of the home then retreat to private sleeping quarters.
- Low key entertaining – Movies, games, puzzles, photos, stories, and more are some simple and enjoyable ideas to engage guests of all ages
- Have a “quiet time” set – For children, or visiting friends or family, especially, have a “No-TV-before/after-a-certain-time” policy to maximize rest for everyone.
- Set the mood through music – Last, but not least, quiet, peaceful, contemplative music helps bring peace & joy to your mood & many relationships during this busy season. Turn it on!
From all of us at h.a. Fisher Homes, may your days be filled with gratitude & merriness.
Get more ideas for how to entertain in a Woman-Centric home by visiting one of our furnished model homes in Wyndsor Place or Reynolds Farm today!